Tucked into the basement entertaining areas of a new 12,000 square foot luxury home is the The Holladay Cinema, a home cinema designed to provide exceptional audio and video quality, while being as easy to operate as possible. Featured during the 2017 Salt Lake Parade of Homes, this space not only reached a high bar of excellence, it had to do so under the tightest of deadlines.
The Holladay Cinema is an open-concept theater with no back wall. The rest of the dimensions and layouts are traditional but there was no back wall to house speakers or to keep daylight from the basement’s wall of windows from spilling in. The open-concept provides many benefits for entertaining—especially during a big game—but it brings audio and light control challenges. And at 21 feet wide and 30 feet deep, the client wanted the biggest possible screen possible.
Being part of a parade home, The Holladay Cinema brought the 4K & immersive audio experience to over 15,000 guests. Tym team members were onsite during the entire parade to answer questions.
- 198-inch custom Draper Clairon 2.35:1 acoustically transparent screen
- Sony 4K HDR video projection
- 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X audio system
- Paradigm CI Elite speakers & subwoofer
- Anthem AV receiver
- Sony 4K Blu-ray player
- Kaleidescape Strato 4K HDR movie server
- 4K Roku player
- Dish 4K receivers
- Video distribution
- Custom Tym Signature Star Ceiling with mural
- 14 motorized leather seats
- Wiring for additional subwoofers
- Lighting & climate control
- Savant App
- Savant Pro remote
- Voice control via Amazon Echo Dot & Savant
How can we help you?
Consultations and estimates are FREE.