Want To Prewire Your Own Home — We Can Help!
UPDATED: September 22, 2017
Are you building a home, or remodeling your basement? Are you thinking about wiring your own Smart Home and Audio/video system, or maybe your Home Theater? Are you wondering if you can, or if you should? We can help!
But first, let me give you a quick backstory so you know how this all came to be. In 2015, we were featured in an Award-Winning Parade Home for the Salt Lake City Parade of Homes. It swept all the awards in its category, including the coveted People’s Choice Award.
We featured a large scale Smart Home and Audio/Video package, as well as a state of the art 4K Home Theater with a custom star ceiling. It was AWESOME!
Fast forward 6 months, and we started winning awards for our work in this home from places like Electronic House and CE Pro magazines.
A year later, we featured a similar system and won several more awards for Home Theater of the Year and Custom Home of the Year from Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
Now, this isn’t to brag, but an interesting thing started happening with all the exposure we were getting. People started contacting us from all over the United States and asking us to design their Smart Homes.
A Client, and now friend, in Miami Beach, called and asked us to Design his home. When we were done, he asked us if we could show him how to prewire his own home?
So… we sent him plans and detailed notes on how to prewire his own home. We even wrote an eBook to take him step-by-step through prewiring his home.
It was a big success, and our Prewire Design Service was born. We now design for Clients all over the United States.
Clients come to us for different reasons. Some want to prewire their own home. Others want to be familiar with current best practices and technology so they can be confident talking to their local AV and electrical companies.
Whatever the reason, we’re confident our prewire services can help.
How We Can Help
We realize Clients won’t need all the same things to help them prewire their own homes. So we’ve put together a handful of resources, services, and products to help you wherever you find yourself. We’re confident you’ll find something here that helps.
1. Prewire Quick Guide — This is a free download and wire reference. This is ideal for Clients who are confident pulling wire, and just want to be sure they’re pulling the right wires for each application
2. Prewire eBook — This eBook takes you step-by-step through the process of prewiring your own home. It includes basic tips on Scheduling, Time management, coordinating with your builder, and general how-tos of prewiring your own home. It’s the same thing we give our new Service Reps when they begin training.
3. Prewire Design Service — You send us a copy of your floor plans, and we design and prepare a detailed prewire plan. We send you a preliminary draft and allow you to make one set of changes. Then we send you a final revision for your approval. The deliverables include:
• Two Free Phone Calls — Visit with one of our designers to make adjustments to your plans, and answer any general questions you have about Smart Homes, Home Theaters, etc.
• Prewire Design — A detailed set of plans, showing locations of everything in your home that needs to be prewired.
• Prewire Checklist — A detailed checklist, calling out the type of wire, and starting and end points for every wire in your home.
• Estimated Parts List — An estimated list of bulk wire, types of wire, and miscellaneous parts for cable management.
• Estimated Schedule — One of the biggest challenges to prewiring your own home, is accurately budgeting the time you’ll need. We send you a detailed estimate of the time required to prewire your own home.
• Photo Verification — Send us photos of your prewire when you’re finished, and we can verify you’ve pulled the right wires to the right locations.
4. Prewire Service Add-ons:
• Bulk Wire & Speaker Rings — We can send all your bulk wire directly to your home. The advantage here is that we know exactly what you need, including lose parts like Low Voltage Rings, Speaker Rings, etc.
• Prewire Schematics — For those clients who want more details, we do offer full schematics and line drawings. We show the actual run of every wire on the plan and do individual breakouts for key components to your system.
• Virtual Prewire Inspection — Have confidence knowing you’ve prewired your home correctly. Using a service like Skype, give us a video tour of your home so we can inspect the prewire for you, and verify everything is run and managed as it should be.
• System Design — Your prewire design is a System design in and of itself, but some Clients want a detailed list of parts, that they can purchase and assemble for themselves to DIY the system. We’ll give you a list of ‘non-dealer’ specific equipment that you can purchase and program yourself to have the System you want.
• Full Systems Shipped to you, Plug & Play Ready — Yep I know it sounds crazy, but with today’s tech, we can actually ship a full system to you preprogrammed and ready to go. Once you plug it in, the system will be up and running, and we can service it remotely.
Don’t see what you’re looking for?
Hopefully, in that list, you can find what you need to help you prewire your own home. But if you’re not sure, give us a call or email us and let us know how we can help.
As always, as you start your project, if you have any questions, your always welcome to contact us with any questions you have, and we’ll help any way that we can.
Let’s start designing that dream Smart Home and Home theater!